Somerset Water Pollution Control Facility
- Frank D. Arnold, Superintendent
- PH: (508) 646-2838
- Fax: (508) 324-4521
Directions to Facility:
- South on Riverside Ave. (river on your left). Go around rotary. Pass Holiday Lane Bowling Alley on your right. Bear right onto Alden Place. Take first left on Walker Street (Telephone Answering Exchange on the corner) Walker Street, 2nd building on your left. Water Pollution Control Facility. Sign on fence.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Some of the services available to you are:
- Sewer Installation Information
- Licensed Drain-Layer Information & Listings
- Sub-Division Information
- Rules & Regulation for the Sewer Department
We allow septage trucks/dumping for in-town septage only. There is no dumping charge. Hours are:
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Satuday 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Compost available to town residents- Limited up to 1 Yard at no charge.
- Available Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Available Friday 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
RV Dumping: You must show proof of residency in the Town of Somerset or a $10.00 dumping fee will be assessed. Check or Money Order Only. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
Important Information Regarding Sump Pumps
It is ILLEGAL to connect a SUMP PUMP into the Municipal Sewer system.
An ILLEGAL SUMP PUMP CONNECTION can overload the system, which in turn could BACK UP RAW SEWERAGE onto your property.
An ILLEGAL SUMP PUMP CONNECTION could potentially cause an explosive condition causing death, injury and/or property damage.
An ILLEGAL SUMP PUMP CONNECTION cost all the tax payers of Somerset thousands of dollars per year treating excess water.
If an ILLEGAL SUMP PUMP CONNECTION is discovered, it could cost you hundreds of dollars in DAILY FINES.
We ask that you not connect a SUMP PUMP to the Town’s Sewer System and if you have one, PLEASE REMOVE IT!